Chechen rebel claims responsibility for Moscow bomb attackFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:24 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 8 (IANS) Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov has claimed responsibility for the suicide bomb attack at the Domodedovo airport in Moscow last month, Xinhua reported.In a video received late Monday, Umarov said he had ordered the Jan 24 attack that killed at least 36 people and injured more than 130 others, according to the Kavkaz Centre website, which is reportedly affiliated with Chechen rebels.
He added that the Caucasus region is at war with the Russian forces to defend “people’s right to dignity”, to “liberate” the region and to establish “law and justice”.
According to Moscow’s RBC Daily Monday, Umarov has threatened to carry out more terror attacks in Russia.
In March last year, Umarov had also claimed responsibility for the deadly twin blasts in the Moscow subway that killed at least 37 people and injured about 65 others.
- Chechen rebel leader claims responsibility for last month's Moscow airport bombing - Feb 08, 2011
- Four militants killed in Russia's North Caucasus - Apr 19, 2011
- Officers who killed Moscow Metro blasts' suspect to be rewarded - Aug 22, 2010
- Militant behind Moscow metro blasts killed - Aug 21, 2010
- Chechen rebels claim responsibility for Moscow attacks - Apr 01, 2010
- Chechen separatist leader claims responsibility for Moscow metro bombings - Apr 01, 2010
- Two persons killed in Russian car bomb blast - Apr 01, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills dozens at Moscow airport - Jan 24, 2011
- Two suicide bombings kill 12 in Russia (Second lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- Plot to kill Putin foiled (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Moscow subway bombers may have links with Pak-Afghan militants: Lavrov - Mar 30, 2010
- Female terrorist opened bag triggering Moscow airport blast (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
- UPDATE: Suicide bomber kills dozens at Moscow airport - Jan 24, 2011
- Suicide bombers kill 35 in Moscow airport (Fourth Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Suicide bombers kill 31 in Moscow airport (Third Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: caucasus region, chechen rebels, dignity, domodedovo airport, jan 24, kavkaz centre, law and justice, moscow bomb attack, moscow subway, rbc, rebel leader, russia, russian forces, suicide bomb attack, terror attacks, twin blasts, xinhua