Chavez asks Venezuelans to stop singing in the showerNovember 29th, 2009 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov. 29 (ANI): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has asked people to stop singing in shower to avoid frequent power cuts and water shortages.
But ten years after Chavez launched his socialist “revolution” funded by an 800-billion-dollars oil boom, the energy-rich state is plagued by ever more frequent power cuts and desperate water shortages.
Now, the authoritarian leader has urged his countrymen to stop wasting water by singing in the shower.
“Some people sing in the shower for half an hour. No kids, three minutes is more than enough. I’ve counted, three minutes, and I don’t end up stinking,” The Telegraph quoted Chavez, as saying during a televised cabinet meeting.
In recent weeks, Chavez has issued similar calls, which his countrymen term as “crazy”.
Recently, he promised to fly personally with Cuban scientists to “zap” clouds and make them rain.
He also warned Venezuelans to “prepare for war” with neighbouring Colombia - and last week made headlines around the world by sticking up for the terrorist Carlos the Jackal, the late Ugandan tyrant, Idi Amin, and Zimbabwe’s ruler, Robert Mugabe. (ANI)
- Hugo Chavez's three-minute shower formula to conserve water - Oct 23, 2009
- Cancer-hit Chavez to leave Cuba next week - Mar 09, 2012
- I'm soaring like condor after surgery: Chavez - Mar 01, 2012
- Chavez back in Cuba for more surgery - Feb 26, 2012
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Venezuelan president starts blogging - May 26, 2010
- Fidel Castro meets cancer-stricken Hugo Chavez - Mar 03, 2012
- Chavez in Cuba for another round of cancer treatment - Apr 16, 2012
- Chavez says tumour was malignant - Mar 05, 2012
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Chavez takes to Twitter after surgery - Mar 02, 2012
- Chavez in good physical condition after operation: Venezuela - Feb 29, 2012
- Chavez heads back to Venezuela - Mar 17, 2012
- Cuba releases photos of Chavez recuperating - Jul 04, 2011
- Chavez back in Cuba for cancer treatment - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: billion dollars, cabinet meeting, carlos the jackal, countrymen, cuban scientists, half an hour, hugo chavez, idi amin, neighbouring, oil boom, president hugo chavez, robert mugabe, singing in the shower, socialist revolution, three minutes, ugandan tyrant, venezuelan president hugo, venezuelan president hugo chavez, wasting water, water shortages