Charlize Theron to pay millions for wearing wrong watchOctober 10th, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 10 (IANS) Charlize Theron will have to pay perhaps $20 million for wearing the wrong watch, a Manhattan judge has ruled. Watchmaker Raymond Weil has already won summary judgement in a federal civil complaint that Theron broke their deal by failing to exclusively wear the pricey timekeeper in public. The company is seeking $20 million as damages, reports nypost.com.
Theron and her production company, Denver & Delilah Films Inc, were listed as defendants. The “Monster” star begged out of penalties, but US District Court Judge Colleen McMahon denied her plea.
“It is obvious that Theron cannot be dismissed… she was not an unwary agent,” McMahon wrote, noting that Theron’s initials appeared 10 times on the 10-page contract the actress broke.
Damages will be awarded at a jury trial.
- Charlize Theron to face trials on $20 million watch maker lawsuit - Oct 06, 2008
- Theron sued for PS10m for not wearing right watch! - Oct 04, 2008
- Charlize Theron ordered to court for wearing the wrong watch - Oct 10, 2008
- Novartis ordered to pay 250 m dollars to sexually harassed female sales reps - May 20, 2010
- New York synagogues bomb plotters get 25 years in prison - Jun 30, 2011
- Charlize Theron settles $20m wrong watch suit - Nov 04, 2008
- Salman Rushdie proposes to ex-girlfriend - Dec 10, 2011
- John Cena not fired from the show - Jul 20, 2011
- Charlize Theron, Swiss watchmaker settle lawsuit: Report - Nov 05, 2008
- Lautner donates lawsuit money to charity - Sep 05, 2010
- WWE Raw: 'Tough Enough' Winner Announced - Jun 07, 2011
- WWE Raw: Cena Addresses the 1st Amendment - Jul 05, 2011
- Theron doesn't like to watch her films - May 22, 2011
- Katy Perry calls Snoop Dogg smoke monster! - Jun 02, 2010
- Charlize Theron visits schools across South Africa - Mar 05, 2010