Charlize Theron looking for comedy rolesMarch 5th, 2009 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 5 (IANS) Hollywood actress Charlize Theron is determined to take a break from making “doom and gloom” movies by doing a comedy film.
The South African star who won an Oscar for her dark performance in “Monster” is sick of playing serious roles and is urging Hollywood bosses to cast her in a more light-hearted picture, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’m starting to figure that if there’s a woman in a ‘doom and gloom’ scenario, my name comes up…the next one has to be a comedy,” she said.
The actress says she would also like to try singing and dancing in a film.
“I’ve always let it be known that I would love to do a musical. I also love going to ballet, it’s very cathartic,” she said.
- Charlize Theron would love to star in comic role - Mar 05, 2009
- Theron doesn't like to watch her films - May 22, 2011
- Charlize Theron to be honoured - Mar 31, 2012
- Theron loves changing diapers - May 30, 2012
- Theron forced to work on weekends - Apr 21, 2012
- Charlize Theron calls herself 'miserable' - Dec 26, 2011
- Theron loves swaddling adopted son - Mar 17, 2012
- LiLo to star as murder victim Sharon Tate in new movie? - Apr 04, 2011
- Space visit on Theron's wish list - May 28, 2012
- Theron gets nervous on red carpet - May 16, 2012
- Theron to be honoured at Palm Springs film fest - Dec 23, 2011
- Theron loves 'Prometheus' challenge - Apr 23, 2012
- I want a baby: Theron - Aug 25, 2011
- Cyrus hidden fashion secrets - Feb 12, 2011
- Theron loved time in 'spaceship' - May 10, 2012