Channel 4 ordered to hand over Diana videosNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin
On Oct 19, coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker requested the release of the previously unseen tapes, as it could provide crucial new evidence about the royal’s death, reports the Telegraph.
Lord Justice Scott Baker’s representative, Jonathan Hough, told Mr Justice Eady, “The coroner has to investigate whether the actions of the paparazzi contributed to the crash. There is good reason to believe unbroadcast material relates to those issues.”
The footage includes interviews with some of the paparazzi who followed Diana’s Mercedes before it crashed in a Paris underpass in 1997.
The video footage was filmed for the controversial documentary into Diana’s death, which sparked rage when it was aired in the U.K. earlier this year.
This is not the first time Channel 4 have refused to give up the footage - they have been holding the tapes for four months after the coroner’s first request to see the tapes.
Heather Rogers, a spokeswoman for Channel 4, said an urgent review of the evidence would go ahead and any relevant material disclosed as soon as it was found. (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Kate Middleton being hounded by paparazzi like Di was in her last days - Nov 19, 2008
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Channel 4 ordered to pass on Di documentary material to inquest - Nov 14, 2007
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Diana inquest jury retires, to begin deliberations - Apr 02, 2008
- Di inquest near to conclusion - Mar 15, 2008
- Negligent driver and chasing paparazzi killed Di: Inquest jury - Apr 08, 2008
- Princes William and Harry welcome Di verdict - Apr 08, 2008
- Royal 'superfan' starts 3-day vigil to bag prime spot for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: assassination plot, boyfriend dodi, car crash, channel 4, controversial documentary, coroner, crucial, death reports, dodi fayed, evidence, followed diana, french car, heather rogers, lord justice, mohamed al fayed, paparazzi, relevant material, scott baker, time channel