Century-old Radio Pakistan building damaged in a blazeNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:00 am ICT by admin
A fire broke out at the building of Radio Pakistan located on M A Jinnah Road at around 10.45 am (PST).
A number of children, who were present for recording of a weekly children’s programme, along with others were safely evacuated, officials said.
Dozens of fire fighting vehicles struggled for three hours to bring the blaze under control.
The control room, switch room and about 14 studios were destroyed in the fire, Radio Pakistan Karachi Station Director Iqbal Faridi was quoted by The News, as saying.
The century-old precious record, which was at the first floor of the building, was undamaged.
According to fire officials, a short circuit may have been the cause of fire. (ANI)
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Karachi factory had several emergency exits, all locked - Sep 13, 2012
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011
- 10 killed in factory fire in India - Apr 29, 2011
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex under control (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Two toddlers killed in France fire - May 28, 2012
- Five trapped in Mumbai fire - Aug 09, 2012
- Rs.500 penalty for negligence in Pakistan factories - Sep 14, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012