Central Bank plans JV or subsidiary to enter MozambiqueAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 10 (IANS) State-run Central Bank of India is planning to form a joint venture with the Punjab National Bank (PNB) or set up a wholly-owned subsidiary to enter Mozambique by the end of this fiscal.
“We have got the mandate from the government of India and are now exploring the best possible options with PNB to enter Mozambique. There may a 50:50 JV with PNB, or we may go of our own with a wholly-owned subsidiary,” Central Bank of India chairman and managing director (CMD) M.V. Tanksale told media persons here.
“We are eager to close this within FY13,” Tanksale said at a banking conclave organised by FICCI Friday.
The Mumbai-based bank already has presence in Africa as it holds 20 percent stake in the Indo Zambia Bank. It will open a representative office in Kenya in the next three months.
Tanksale said the bank would need around Rs.7 billion (Rs.700 crore) capital from the central government as it required a total of about Rs.12 billion (Rs.1,200 crore) to maintain credit growth of 20 percent in the current financial year.
“We will need Rs.1,200 crore worth of capital. We will be requesting the government to infuse Rs.700 crore and the rest will be by way of internal accruals. We also have headroom in Tier-II for raising capital,” he said.
- UBI to seek Rs.1,000 crore from government - Aug 16, 2012
- SBI to acquire its subsidiary SBICI Bank - Jul 21, 2011
- Nalco to set up subsidiaries - Jul 08, 2011
- CESC plans to raise Rs.1,200 crore in equity - Dec 07, 2010
- IDBI Bank quarterly net profit rises to Rs.770.78 crore - Apr 21, 2012
- PNB mulls Rs.100 crore investment in proposed arm - Jul 06, 2011
- SBI Cards expects Rs.2,700 crore total asset base - Sep 13, 2012
- Tata Steel to bring European-made products to India - Jul 26, 2012
- China to build dam in Mauritius - Oct 10, 2011
- HLL Lifecare floats subsidiary for vaccine complex - Apr 30, 2012
- Coal India eyes further acquisition in Mozambique - Sep 20, 2011
- Shriram Housing Finance open for outside equity infusion - Aug 10, 2011
- UCO Bank partners Religare for internet trading services - Apr 25, 2011
- PNB targets Rs 10,00,000 crore business by 2013 - Jan 09, 2011
- UCO Bank might get capital infusion of Rs.2 billion - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: accruals, bank of india, central bank of india, central government, conclave, ficci, government of india, headroom, indo, joint venture, jv, kolkata, managing director, mandate, media persons, punjab national bank, punjab national bank pnb, representative office, rs 1, tier ii