CBI to seek custodial remand of TalwarJune 3rd, 2008 - 11:53 am ICT by ANI
Ghaziabad, June 3 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will produce Dr. Rajesh Talwar in its designated Ghaziabad court today to seek his police remand for custodial interrogation in connection with the Noida double murder case.
The CBI on Monday took transit remand of Dr. Talwar, from a Noida court and briefly questioned him to verify the sequence of events as narrated by his wife, Nupur Talwar and other relatives.
The remand was sanctioned by the Noida chief judicial magistrate who, however, turned down the CBI counsel’s plea for a seven-day-custody.
Meanwhile, CBI sleuths also went to the Noida Sector-53 home of Talwar’s associate, Dr. Anita Durrani, to question her. This was the first time that Dr. Durrani was formally questioned by any investigating agency.
The CBI also interrogated Dr. Talwar’s driver Umesh, Hemraj’s son-in-law Jeevan Sharma and several others.
Earlier, the CBI team took samples of bloodstains from the walls of Dr. Talwar home and inspected the victims’ rooms. The team also inspected the staircase, bedrooms and living room of the house.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit on May 16 in her house at Jal Vayu Vihar in Sector-25 of Noida. The body of domestic help Hemraj was found a day later on the terrace. (ANI)
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- 'Uttar Pradesh Police investigation was professional' - Feb 09, 2011
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: bloodstains, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, custodial interrogation, domestic help, double murder case, dr anita, ghaziabad, investigating agency, jal, judicial magistrate, police remand, rajesh, s driver, sequence of events, sleuths, staircase, talwar, throat slit, vayu