Cathay Pacific named World’s best airlineApril 6th, 2009 - 4:29 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Apr 6 (ANI): Cathay Pacific has been honoured with the title of the world’s best airline at the annual Skytrax awards.
The Hong Kong based airline has beaten world’s most renowned passenger aircrafts to grab the top position for the third time in the last 10 years.
The annual Skytrax awards are among the most highly regarded in the industry, with the results based on surveys of more than 16 million air passengers conducted over eight months.
Singapore Airlines was placed at the second position, while Asiana Airlines claimed the third position.
Wrapping up the top five were Qatar Airways and Emirates.
Qantas slipped from its position as the world’s third best, but stayed in the top 10 at number six.
“A factor behind the Cathay Pacific win is clearly the consistency of product and service that they provide to their customers,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted chief executive Edward Plaisted as saying.
He added: “Not only are Cathay Pacific satisfying their passengers onboard flights, but the ratings they achieved for their airport operations in Hong Kong also played a considerable part in this success”.
Malaysia Airlines was awarded for the world’s best cabin staff, the sixth time the airline has won the award in the past ten years.
Singapore Airlines won for best first class, Etihad for best business class and Qatar for best economy class.
The Top 10 Airlines Of The Year 2009 are:
1. Cathay Pacific
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Asiana Airlines
4. Qatar Airways
7. Etihad Airways
8. Air New Zealand
9. Malaysia Airlines
10. Thai Airways (ANI)
- South Korea's Asiana named World's Best Airline - May 21, 2010
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- Emirates to host world airline squash tournament - Oct 23, 2011
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Kingfisher, Finnair voted among best carriers - May 30, 2010
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- Etihad wins airline of the year award - Sep 27, 2011
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Singapore Airlines, the worlds best airline for third time in a decade - Aug 12, 2008
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways among best three airlines in world: Report - Jun 09, 2010
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- Australian, Chinese airlines start joint venture - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: air new zealand, air passengers, airport operations, asiana airlines, best business class, cabin staff, cathay pacific, economy class, etihad airways, malaysia airlines, number six, plaisted, qantas, qatar airways, singapore airlines, sixth time, skytrax, sydney morning herald, thai airways, third position