Cate Blanchett to replace Sienna Miller in Robinhood movie?February 9th, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) Rumours are rife that Cate Blanchett is to replace actress Sienna Miller in Ridley Scott’s forthcoming Robinhood movie “Nottingham”.
Miller was supposed to portray Maid Marian in the movie alongside Russell Crow but was dropped in the film’s pre-production stage itself.
Contactmusic.com reports that, “Nottingham” actor Mark Strong has referred Blanchett as the perfect star to replace Miller, insisting the film would be complete if moviemaker Scott got the actress to agree to the role.
“She is a wonderful actress and it would make it a much classier film if she was in it,” he said.
“Nottingham” is due to begin filming in England in March.
Indo-Asian News Service
- Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood' to open annual Cannes Film Festival - Mar 27, 2010
- Cate Blanchett may replace Sienna Miller in Nottingham - Feb 10, 2009
- Crowe nearly quit 'Robin Hood' over script issues - Apr 06, 2010
- Sienna Miller's gracious congratulatory message to ex Rhys Ifans - Jun 27, 2009
- I didn't axe Miller from 'Robin Hood', says Crowe - Jan 29, 2010
- Sienna Miller thinks Cate Blanchett will make a 'better' Maid Marian - Jul 02, 2009
- Sienna Miller blames 'vendetta' for losing Robin Hood role - Jul 01, 2009
- Danny Huston 'to star in new Robin Hood film' - Jul 14, 2009
- Cate Blanchett wanted to play Robin Hood - May 13, 2010
- Search for Robin Hoods Maid Marian continues - Jan 24, 2009
- Cate Blanchett says Russell Crowe is 'not always easy' - May 21, 2010
- Blanchett to play Maid Marian alongside Crowe's Robin Hood - Feb 26, 2009
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Russell Crowe learns Nottingham accent for Robin Hood role - Feb 03, 2010
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009