Cat that went from New Mexico to Chicago reunited with owner 8 month on!April 19th, 2010 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 19 (ANI): A cat from New Mexico, who went missing for 8 months, was found in Chicago before it was flown home absolutely free.
Charles disappeared while under the care of a babysitter.
“I found out while I was away volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, and I was so upset because I was in New Orleans so there was nothing I could do,” the New York Daily News quoted owner Robin Alex, of Albuquerque, as saying.
The reunion between the lucky tabby and Alex came about when Charles was picked up as a stray by Windy City animal control workers.
A tracking microchip embedded in the cat’s shoulder blades helped workers contact Alex.
Alex couldn’t have wished for more when an Albuquerque resident and a fellow cat owner volunteered to pick up Charles while in Chicago for a wedding.
Lucien Sims got an Albuquerque company to provide a cat carrier and American Airlines waived Charles’ travel fees.
Cherie Travis, executive director of Chicago Animal Care and Control, said: “He needs a good brushing.
“He’s got a little bit of a cold - a little bit of an upper respiratory infection - but otherwise he’s in great condition.” (ANI)
- Cat lost for 8 months found in Chicago, scores free flight home! - Apr 18, 2010
- Cat Ordered to do Jury Service in Boston - Jan 19, 2011
- Cat with 26 toes boosts an animal shelter in Milwaukee - Dec 09, 2011
- Missing cat stuns Oz owners with epic 1-year, 1300km journey - Jul 30, 2010
- Facebook helps a man find his lost cat - May 11, 2011
- Mary Bale, Woman Who Dumped Cat in Bin Charged With Animal Cruelty - Sep 21, 2010
- Rat Island to be renamed by new owner - Oct 03, 2011
- Cat leaps though open window to avoid castration! - Jun 07, 2010
- Brit woman caught on camera throwing cat in wheelie bin charged - Sep 21, 2010
- 3 out of 4 cats have no qualms wearing a collar, despite owners' fears - Sep 09, 2010
- Cat involved in South Carolina camper crash finally found - May 05, 2011
- Stolen dog is found riding a bus - Nov 29, 2011
- Intelligent cat flap with microchip is bliss for worried cat owners in UK - Sep 11, 2010
- Cat survives 190-km ride on train's underside - Jun 14, 2012
- Cat ends up in English village after 250-mile Channel hop - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: albuquerque, american airlines, animal control, babysitter, cat carrier, cat owner, chicago animal care, city animal, fellow cat, habitat for humanity, lucien, microchip, new mexico, new york daily news, shoulder blades, tabby, travel fees, upper respiratory infection, windy city, york daily news