Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee’s skullJune 10th, 2011 - 2:38 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Orlando, Fla., June 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Thursday, the murder trial of Casey Anthony continued with prosecutors showing pictures of the remains of Caylee Anthony when she was found. A weepy Casey wiped her eyes with tissue as the prosecutors showed the court the disturbing pictures of the skull of the 2-year-old.
Casey is battling to save herself from the hangman’s noose following accusations that she killed her own daughter. She has already changed her story telling the court that her child was not kidnapped as she initially claimed but rather accidentally drowned. Her lawyer told the court that when the accident happened, Casey covered it up with the help of her father.
On Thursday the prosecutors invited Orange County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator Jennifer Welch to take the stand and testify. During her testimony, she recalled that she was alerted to the location of the remains of Caylee on the 11th of December 2008. She said that when she got to the scene, Caylee’s remains were found at an area which was just some few blocks away from the family home of the Anthonys.
Welch said that was when she took the photographs which were shown to the court. The prosecutors called several other witnesses to take the stand during the hearing.
Casey has been charged with first degree murder. She has pleaded not guilty to the charge. The case is being followed keenly by the US public because of the interest that it has generated.
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Casey Anthony ordered to go back to Orlando - Aug 02, 2011
- Casey Anthony May Get Death Penalty - May 15, 2010
- Casey Anthony's Letters Written In Jail Publicized - Apr 08, 2010
- Prosecutors release Casey Anthony prison letters - Apr 10, 2010
- Reports suggest that Casey Anthony is in hiding - Sep 22, 2011
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Casey Anthony Might Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
Tags: accusations, anthonys, casey, crime scene investigator, disturbing pictures, first degree murder, hangman, lawyer, murder trial, noose, orange county sheriff, orlando fla, photographs, prosecutors, skull, testimony, trial jury, weepy