Carson Hartley may never be able to speakJanuary 4th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A ten-month-old toddler may never be able to utter a sound again after his voice box and throat were destroyed during series of operations to correct heart and lung conditions.
The little child, Carson Hartley has been operated on four times. That is way too many for a little baby at such an age and it seems his fragile body couldn’t handle that. What is worse, at his age, little Hartley has already suffered a heart attack when he was just three months old.
Doctors explain that Hartley was born with the condition called the “blue baby syndrome.” The condition starves the brain of the vital oxygen that the brain needs when the baby is born. Hartley is still scheduled to undergo further operations in spring but for now, doctors are concentrating on stabilizing his lungs to ensure that he can breathe properly.
He has a tube running through his boy which makes it possible for blood to flow freely.
It was very heartbreaking after all that little Hartley have been through when his mother and father were told on Christmas that Hartley would never be able to speak again.
His mother, Kirsty said that when they heard the news about their child’s voice, it was too much for them.
She said that, “We have been through a lot and have had lots of bad news but when they said I would never hear him speak, that he would never have a voice, I just burst into tears.”
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
- Baby born with no blood saved by doctors - Jan 27, 2012
- AIIMS surgeons remove 8-kg hernia from 2-month-old's head (with Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Living out 'Anand' story: In real as on reel - Oct 14, 2011
- Battered baby still critical, police hunt for parents (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Baby Without A Brain: Nicholas Coke Has Lived A Year, And Counting - Dec 19, 2009
- Complex heart surgery on 26-week premature baby - Oct 18, 2011
- World's Smallest Mother Has Third Child, Wants More - Jul 07, 2010
- Bret Michaels Released from Hospital After Heart Surgery - Jan 27, 2011
- Jessie J wakes up 6-years-old girl from coma - Aug 20, 2012
- Doctors perform sex change operation on toddler - Nov 30, 2011
- Brit baby struck down by meningitis survives 7 heart attacks in one night - Sep 18, 2010
- Indonesian toddler's head is three times normal size - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: baby syndrome, bad news, blue baby, brain, christmas, doctors, fragile body, heart attack, little baby, little hartley, london jan, lung conditions, lungs, mother and father, three months, vital oxygen, voice box