Carlsbad School Shooting Accused IdentifiedOctober 9th, 2010 - 7:45 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
California, Oct 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The gunman who was arrested for opening fire at a school located in Carlsbad, California has finally been identified, said the authorities. The man opened fire on the school campus yesterday injuring two students and creating a chaos in the place. The name of the 41 year old man is Brendan L. O’Rourke. Most likely he is a transient. He has been booked on as many as 6 counts of attempted homicide and weapons violations said the cops. Now he is at the San Diego County jail. The man tried to confuse the cops by telling them contradictory and misleading information about his identity after his arrest. His firing resulted wounding 2 girls though they were not seriously injured. Thankfully local construction workers foiled his attempt soon and a major tragedy was averted.
He was armed with a handgun and had lots of ammunition with him when he reached the school but did not get the chance to use them. He fired randomly sending the scared students running for cover. Carlos Partida a Construction worker knocked down the man after he fired a few rounds with his truck. He along with two other workers kept him pinned to the ground till the time the cops reached the place. The gunman was shouting incoherently at that time and he appeared to be mentally unstable.
The students wounded by the gunshot were airlifted to Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego. They are now fine. However, the incident forced the school authorities to suspend classes and work for some time. The cops are probing the reason behind the firing still.
- Gunman arrested in the Carlsbad school shooting case - Oct 10, 2010
- Kelly Elementary School Shooting Leaves Two Injured - Oct 09, 2010
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Former NFL superstar Junior Seau arrested, released before driving off cliff in California - Oct 19, 2010
- Body of missing American student found in Madrid river - Mar 08, 2011
- Indian American student among wounded in US shooting (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Three injured after 6-year-old US boy fires accidentally - Apr 20, 2011
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Cricket ball in face gives teen taste of corporate life - Dec 15, 2010
- Gunman kills 11 at Rio de Janeiro school before killing self - Apr 07, 2011
- Jobless Greek takes two hostage - Mar 02, 2012
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
- Shooter kills two others, self in California restaurant - Jun 20, 2010
- Gunman kills 11 students in Brazil school - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: 2 girls, ammunition, carlsbad california, chaos, construction worker, construction workers, cops, few rounds, gunman, gunshot, handgun, homicide, local construction, o rourke, old man, s hospital, san diego county jail, school authorities, school shooting, tragedy