Cargo plane crashes in Dubai (Lead)September 4th, 2010 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 3 (IANS) A cargo plane crashed on a road in Dubai Friday evening setting some cars on fire, a media report said.
Col. Omer Al Shamsi, deputy director of the Operations Room of Dubai Police, said the plane crashed near the Global Village on the Emirates road two minutes after taking off from Dubai International Airport, Khaleej Times reported on its website.
It was not immediately known how many people were on board.
A witness reported a ball of fire near the road.
Firefighters from various Dubai Civil Defence branches were trying to douse the blaze.
- Cargo plane crashes on take-off in Dubai (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Two pilots killed in cargo plane crash in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- The biggest fireball I ever saw: Dubai crash witness - Sep 04, 2010
- Report: American cargo plane crashes on Dubai highway, sets cars on fire - Sep 03, 2010
- Fire at UAE building - Aug 22, 2012
- Pakistani plane with 127 on board crashes, no survivors (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- At least 7 killed in plane accident in northern Iraq - Feb 05, 2011
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Foreign plane forced to land in Pakistan - Apr 25, 2012
- Cargo plane crashes in Karachi, eight dead (Second Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Cargo plane crashes in Saudi Arabia (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- UPS Cargo Plane Crashes In Dubai After Takeoff - Sep 04, 2010
- UPS Boeing 747 cargo plane crashes in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- Cargo Airplane Crashes Adjacent To Karachi Airport - Nov 30, 2010
- Cargo plane crashes in Saudi Arabia - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: ball of fire, blaze, cargo plane crashes, cars, civil defence, deputy director, dubai international airport, emirates, firefighters, friday evening, global village, omer, operations room, two minutes, witness