Caretaker Pak PM and provincial CMs to take charge on Nov 15: DurraniNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
The caretaker set-up will consist of non-political individuals whose main task will be to ensure free and fair elections, Durrani told reporters.
He said that the caretaker PM and Chief Ministers would be appointed after consultation with opposition parties, and added that the government has sought their proposals in this regard.
Durrani predicted that President Pervez Musharraf would form the government again after general elections with the help of the PML-Q and new coalition partners.
Durrani said that the government would not tolerate attempts to sabotage the general elections, and people would be given a free hand to elect the new government.
He urged opposition parties and constitutional institutions to cooperate in holding the elections peacefully and fairly.
Durrani asked Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif to promote the politics of tolerance in Pakistan, and support the government’s initiatives aimed at national reconciliation, such as the NRO.
He also said they should apologise to the nation for their misdeeds and corruption during their tenures.
Commenting on Bhutto’s return, Durrani said that she left and is returning of her own free will.
Durrani said that Musharraf issued a friendly request to Bhutto to reconsider the timing of her return, and added that if she has decided to return as announced she would be treated according to the law.
But, the government will not create any hurdles in the way of her return, the Daily Times quoted Durrani, as saying. (ANI)
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Country stands by Supreme Court, says Imran Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- No contempt proceedings if president has immunity: Pakistani court - Feb 01, 2012
- Gilani has committed contempt, rules Pakistan court - Feb 02, 2012
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Evidence submitted in Gilani's contempt case - Feb 22, 2012
- Pakistani PM files appeal in contempt of court - Feb 08, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: apologise, benazir bhutto, caretaker, chief ministers, cms, coalition partners, constitutional duties, constitutional institutions, general elections, national reconciliation, nawaz sharif, nro, opposition parties, pml, president pervez musharraf, provincial governors