Career-oriented Aussies afraid of going on holidaysJune 24th, 2010 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 23 (ANI): Australians are the shyest people when it comes to going on holidays as they think it can put their career at risk, according to a survey.
Australians are the third-most holiday deprived nation in the developed world, while the French take the most holidays, the survey found.
The survey by online travel company Expedia concluded that Australian workers take 16.5 days annual leave on average, while workers in France take 34.5 days of holidays in a year.
On the other hand, Japanese people take only nine leaves a year and Americans stand at 14 days.
According to the survey, workers aged 18 to 34 were twice as likely not to take all their annual leaves because they thought if they took leaves for a holiday they would miss an important decision at work, reports The Daily Telegraph.
Working Australians receive an average of 20 annual leave days per year while French workers receive 37.5 annual leave days per year.
The survey was conducted on people of thirteen countries with more than 1000 Australians interrogated.
Louise Crompton, spokeswoman of Expedia.com.au said that taking holidays was an important part of working life and we should all take breaks from our work so that we do not burn out. (ANI)
- Indians among most vacation deprived: Survey - Apr 05, 2011
- Japan most holiday-deprived nation in developed world - Jun 24, 2010
- 1 in 3 Australians struggling with post-holiday blues - Jan 27, 2011
- Week long break gives just three days rest because it takes four days to switch off - Jun 15, 2012
- One in 10 Oz men has romanced co-passengers in flight - Sep 09, 2009
- Indians lug extra stuff they don't use on vacation - Jun 13, 2011
- Indians prefer beach vacations for new experiences - May 16, 2012
- Japanese tourists voted world's best, French worst - Jul 09, 2009
- World's worst and best tourists revealed in new survey - Jul 09, 2009
- In extended August holiday season, people heading abroad - Aug 09, 2012
- Mens' messiness angers female travellers the most - Nov 05, 2009
- Nippy morning in Delhi, windy day ahead - Mar 21, 2012
- Hot Monday in Delhi, no respite Tuesday (Lead) - Oct 03, 2011
- Hot day in Delhi, similar weather on Wednesday (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- A cool Wednesday in Delhi, weather to continue Thursday (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012