Car bomb explosion kills three in IraqOctober 1st, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Oct 1 (Xinhua) At least three people were killed and 29 injured Wednesday when a bomb planted in a car went off at a parking-lot in Iraq’s Salahudin province, the police said.”A car bomb in a busy parking-lot in the Shia holy suburb of Saiyd Muhammad in the town of Balad, some 80 km north of Baghdad, went off and killed at least three people,” a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
More than 25 people were also injured in the blast, the official said.
Dozens of cars parked at the site were destroyed in the explosion.
The death toll could rise as the area was heavily crowded with people visiting the holy shrine of Imam Muhammad, one of the twelve most revered Shia Imams of Iraq.
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 55 killed, 126 injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
- 60 dead in attack on Iraqi Shias, bombings (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Car bombs rock Iraqi city of Karbala, 12 dead, 150 wounded - Jan 24, 2011
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 47 killed in Iraq car bombings - Jun 13, 2012
- 50 killed in Iraq suicide bombing (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 27 killed, 75 injured in Iraq bombings (Lead, changing dateline) - Feb 05, 2010
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Iraq suicide blast toll rises to 33 - Feb 13, 2011
- TV host killed in Iraq bombing - Apr 04, 2012