Car blast kills four in RussiaJanuary 27th, 2011 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Dagestan (Russia), Jan 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least four people were killed and six others injured when a blast ripped through a cafe late Wednesday night in Russia’s volatile southern republic of Dagestan, located in the North Caucasus region of Russia, a local hospital’s spokesman said.It was a car bomb that exploded near a cafe in the city of Khasavyurt.
“Our hospital received three dead and seven injured. One of the injured later died during surgery,” the official said.
Local police Thursday confirmed the report and said information on the dead and injured “was being updated.”
This is the second car bomb explosion in Khasavyurt, a city in the republic of Dagestan, in the past two weeks. On Jan 14, a similar attack on another cafe in the city had killed four people and injured five others.
On Monday early this week, 35 people were killed and 180 injured in a suicide attack at Moscow’s Domodedovo International Airport.
- Five police officers killed in Russia's volatile North Caucasus - Feb 02, 2011
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Suspected bomber behind Moscow airport blast identified - Feb 03, 2011
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- 30 injured in blast in Russia - Aug 18, 2010
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- Two terrorists held over deadly attack in Russia - May 31, 2011
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- Policeman killed in Russia bombing - Aug 02, 2012
- Russian jailed for bombing that killed 19 - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: car bomb explosion, dagestan russia, dg, domodedovo international airport, local hospital, moscow, north caucasus region, ria novosti, second car, spokesman, suicide attack, wednesday night, week 35