Cannibal arrested in RussiaMarch 26th, 2012 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian police have arrested an alleged serial killer on charges of murder and cannibalism.
A regional court in Penza had previously charged a disabled man, Alexander Zhuplov, with some of the murders in 2011, and have now charged him with other killings.
According to the Izvestia newspaper, 24-year old Alexander Bychkov has been accused of murdering at least six people.
The alleged killer came to the attention of police during an investigation into another case.
Investigators caught Bychkov by accident. Initially, he was detained in connection with an investigation of theft from a local store.
During questioning Bychkov suddenly began to talk about the corpses that he had buried near his house.
“At this point we found six people buried, recovered the remains from the ground and sent them for examination,” Penza region investigation department’s Maria Orlova said. “The suspect identified the photos of those who died.”
Bychkov killed his victims with a knife, then cut them up and ate their livers. “We can confirm cannibalism took place,” said a senior law enforcement source.
- Russian man charged with cannibalism - Aug 30, 2011
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- Four Russians held for poisoning 11 people - Apr 28, 2012
- North Korea executed three cannibals - May 11, 2012
- 82-year-old Russian woman jailed for slaughter - Aug 30, 2012
- Russian dismembered by wife for not taking shower - Jul 03, 2012
- Two convicted in Russia for making pen guns - Feb 08, 2012
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- Man held for thawing Russian morgue - Mar 15, 2012
- Three Russian women kill paedophile - May 03, 2012
- Bride kills groom on wedding night - Feb 20, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for ordering father's murder - Sep 15, 2011
- Rabbani's murder planned in Pakistan: Afghan security agency - Oct 01, 2011
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: alexander, alleged killer, cannibal, corpses, dg, investigation department, investigators, izvestia newspaper, killings, law enforcement source, livers, local store, murders, orlova, penza region, regional court, ria novosti, russia moscow, russian police, serial killer