Cannabis Afficionados Gather At Hempfest Boston 2010September 19th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Boston is celebrating Hempfest 2010 - a festival which would last for 12 to 18 hours and is being held in Boston common. The festival seeks to demand better marijuana laws, this is the 21st time that the festival is being held on an annual basis in Boston. The event is celebrated in a big way and people from all over the state attend it. A number of live acts along with good music is accompanying the festival. Two stages have been set up with one of them featuring Onyx, a hip hop music group from the 1990’s who are still active today.
The country has very strict laws for marijuana but today anyone caught with less than an ounce of Marijuana will not be arrested but fined $100. Many college goers are supposed to attend the event which does not serve alcohol. The police will be around just to make to refrain the crowd from any untoward incidents and this is a good place for them to carry out undercover stings and busts.
The theme of the festival this year is “Cannabis is medicine” and it refers to marijuana as a medicine instead of a drug. This festival is considered to be the most well organized movements protesting against “pot prohibition” in Massachusetts as well as for rest of the country. The festival is organized by MASSCANN and NORMAL this year. The festival demands reform of the drug laws in USA and many come here today to loosen themselves up and enjoy without the fear of getting handcuffed. The day is one of pleasure for the people attending the festival as they can simply lose themselves in pleasure derived from the smokes of marijuana.
- Willie Nelson offered freedom from jail if he pleads guilty, sang song - Mar 29, 2011
- Prescription marijuana without memory loss on horizon - Mar 03, 2012
- Teens who listen to music about marijuana almost twice likely to use it - Dec 23, 2009
- Snoop Dogg banned from Norway - Jul 30, 2012
- No one cares if you smoke a joint: Schwarzenegger - Nov 09, 2010
- Hippie Arrested When Christmas Tree Turns Out to be Cannabis Plant - Dec 09, 2010
- Cannabis field found in Moscow - Aug 11, 2012
- National Weed Day: The World Goes 'High' On April 20th! - Apr 20, 2010
- Burning Man festival to start today - Aug 29, 2011
- Marijuana use in California may double if legal: Study - Jul 08, 2010
- Pot cola, sodas coming to medical marijuana dispensaries - Jan 30, 2011
- Cannabis smoking permanently lowers IQ - Aug 29, 2012
- World famous Glastonbury Festival to have Krishna Tent - Feb 13, 2011
- Maine man teaches legal pot growing techniques - Apr 14, 2011
- Tommy Hilfiger's son relieved from drug prosecution - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: acts, alcohol, boston common, busts, crowd, fear, gina gomez, goers, good music, hempfest boston, hip hop music, marijuana laws, massachusetts, medicine, music group, ounce of marijuana, pleasure, pot prohibition, strict laws