Canada launches hunt for man who mailed body partsMay 31st, 2012 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ottawa, May 31 (IANS) A Canada-wide search has been launched for a 29-year-old man wanted for a homicide in which the victim’s body parts were shipped by mail to the headquarters of two of Canada’s main political parties in downtown Ottawa.
Luka Rocco Magnotta, who calls himself a “young gay twink” model and is known to be a porn star and stripper, is believed to have filmed the killing and dismemberment of the male victim whom police say Magnotta knew.
Police reportedly have video evidence of that grisly crime but it’s unclear whether it’s the same “1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick” video posted online at BestGore.com. In it, a man dressed in black whose face is never revealed, uses an ice pick to repeatedly stab another man in the abdomen while the victim is restrained on a bed, reported Xinhua.
The murderer then decapitates and dismembers the victim, who appears to be of Asian descent, followed by grotesque and disturbing scenes of necrophilia, cannibalism and a small animal — described by the Canadian-operated website as a black-and-white dog — eating from the stump of the dead man’s leg.
On Tuesday morning, a caretaker discovered a headless, limbless decomposing torso in a suitcase on a curb piled with garbage near a blue-collar Montreal apartment building where Magnotta was a tenant.
Shortly before noon that day, the governing Conservative Party of Canada received a bloodstained package reportedly containing a severed human left foot. On Tuesday evening, police intercepted a package at a Canada Post Ottawa mail-sorting facility reportedly containing a severed human left hand and addressed to the Liberal Party of Canada.
Both packages were sent from a fake address in Montreal. Police also believe all of the body parts are from the same male victim — although based on media reports, it’s unclear as to whether he was white or an Asian man who was reported missing.
More of the victim’s body parts could be in Canada’s mail system, warned police, who have identified Magnotta as the prime suspect in this, Montreal’s 11th homicide of 2012.
Although he has no criminal record, Magnotta was convicted on four counts of fraud in Ontario seven years ago and served 16 days in pre-trial custody, according to a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) report Wednesday.
The man, who once lived in Toronto from where he is believed to have originated, has also been linked to killing kittens and posting videos of it on YouTube.
- Human remains found in packages mailed to Canada schools - Jun 06, 2012
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Canadian killer warned British tabloid in email sent from Holland - Jun 02, 2012
- Porn actor Luka Rocca Magnotta is a prime suspect in Canadian body parts case - May 31, 2012
- Luke Magnotta had 70 Facebook pages - Jun 08, 2012
- Woman's head found in Canada park - Aug 17, 2012
- Canada has not expelled diplomats: Russia - Jan 21, 2012
- UK terror suspect's acquaintances express shock, found him a "nice person" - Aug 27, 2010
- Human foot and hand mailed to Vancouver schools - Jun 06, 2012
- Canada unveils another memorial to Air India victims - Jun 23, 2011
- Popular online forum urges members not to talk about Canada terror plot accused - Aug 29, 2010
- Canada to ban sex trade from hiring foreign workers - Jul 05, 2012
- Canada to have slower growth in housing market - Aug 15, 2012
- Canada unveils Kanishka Project to honour Air India victims - Jun 24, 2011
- Royal couple in Canada - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: apartment building, asian descent, asian man, canada post, cannibalism, conservative party of canada, dismemberment, fake address, gay twink, left foot, liberal party of canada, limbless, magnotta, mail system, male victim, montreal apartment, montreal police, tuesday morning, video evidence, xinhua