Camilla’s throne for sale on eBayApril 18th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 18 (ANI): A pub landlady is all set to make a ‘Royal’ deal by auctioning Camilla’s throne - a toilet seat used by the Duchess of Cornwall - on eBay.
Landlady Chris Azerkane, who runs the pub with husband Rafai, hopes that the loo lid would get a good bidding from Royal fanatics.
Chris, 52, revealed that Camilla used the seat after she unexpectedly turned at her door and asked to use the toilet in her bar - Hare and Hounds in Framfield, East Sussex.
“I was in my white rags - I must have looked a real state. The first I knew about it was when a load of posh cars started turning up in our car park - big Audis and Land Rovers,” the Daily Star quoted Chris as saying.
“As soon as I saw her hair, I knew it was Camilla - so I rushed to the front door and unlatched it.
“I said: ‘Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?’ - thinking that was what you are supposed to do.
“She said: ‘Hello, we’ve just come down from Gloucester. Do you think I could use your loo?’” she added.
Chris, the mum-of-three, said that her “legs turned to jelly” before she ushered her VIP guest into the bar and showed her the way to the ladies.
Chris added: “I told her June, our cleaner, had been in and done a good job. I then asked what she was doing here and she explained she was attending a funeral at the village church for her friend, Lady Mary Askew.”
After using the loo, the Duchess returned to the bar and asked if Chris had any sloe gin.
“Unfortunately I didn’t - so she had a Stone’s ginger wine instead. She wasn’t with Charles but she looked beautiful in a really smart coat,” said Chris.
And now, Chris is auctioning the toilet seat to raise money for the Royal Brompton and Kings College Hospitals, in London, where her 16-month-old grandson Omar is being treated. (ANI)
- Nicola retrieves Cheryl's phone from toilet - Dec 18, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Queen leads Kate, Camilla on shopping trip - Mar 03, 2012
- Cleanliness freak JLo's loo woes - Jun 26, 2012
- Loo turns human waste into biofuel, fertiliser - Jun 28, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth takes style tips from Kate - Mar 14, 2012
- Supermodel claims Prince Charles asked her for 'private catwalk show' - Jan 12, 2011
- Prince Charles states publicly that his wife Camilla could be Queen - Nov 20, 2010
- Russell Brand's awkward encounter with Prince Charles - Nov 16, 2010
- Hat worn at British royal wedding on sale - May 12, 2011
- Prince Charles' wife gets royal treatment at Bangalore spa - Sep 28, 2010
- Kylie Minogue stuns fans - Aug 24, 2010
- David Cameron backs 'Queen Camilla' - Nov 22, 2010
- Kate Middleton's first lesson is learning when to curtsey to whom - May 02, 2011
- How Kate Middleton's in-laws-to-be reacted to engagement announcement - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: audis, camilla, car park, daily star, duchess of cornwall, east sussex, ebay, ginger wine, hare and hounds, hospitals in london, kings college, lady mary, land rovers, posh cars, pub landlady, royal brompton, sloe gin, smart coat, toilet seat, vip guest