Cameron Diaz is Hollywood’s top-earning actressAugust 12th, 2008 - 3:44 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 12 (DPA) Cameron Diaz earned some $50 million over the past year to take the title of Hollywood’s top-earning actress on Forbes annual list, the business magazine reported Monday. In total, Hollywood’s 10 top-earning actresses collectively banked $244.5 million between June 1, 2007 and June 1, 2008, the report said.
Diaz’s main earnings came from her lucrative role as princess-turned-ogre in DreamWorks’ “Shrek” franchise.
But she also starred in the spring comedy, “What Happens in Vegas”, and has nabbed large pay cheques for her role in the adaptation of Jodi Picoult’s best-selling novel “My Sister’s Keeper”, and a fourth installment of “Shrek”.
Diaz was followed on the rich actress list by British beauty Keira Knightley, who earned $32 million from starring roles in movies like “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End and Atonement”.
Former Friends star Jennifer Aniston earned $27 million with starring roles in the family comedy “Marley & Me” and the dating ensemble “He’s Just Not That Into You”.
Her income was boosted by payments from the syndication of “Friends” and endorsement deals for Glacéau’s “Smartwater” and “Heineken”.
Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow tied for fourth place on the list, with each banking some $25 million during the year.
Filling out the top ten were Jodie Foster, Sarah Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Angelina Jolie.
Though the actresses earnings were impressive by almost anyone’s standards, they were still much lower than those for top-earning male actors.
According to a recently published Forbes list, Will Smith was the top earner with $80 million, followed by Johnny Depp with $72 million and Eddie Murphy with $55 million.
- Sandra Bullock Tops Forbes' List Of Highest Paid Hollywood Actresses - Aug 05, 2010
- Sandra Bullock named Hollywood's top-earning actress - Aug 04, 2010
- Jolie beats Aniston to be named 'Hollywood's top earning actress' - Jul 02, 2009
- Kristen Stewart named highest paid actress - Jun 20, 2012
- Angelina Jolie is Hollywood's top-earning actress: Forbes - Jul 03, 2009
- Kristen Stewart tops the highest paid actress list - Jun 20, 2012
- Dicaprio Hollywood's highest paid actor: Forbes - Aug 02, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey is Hollywood's highest earning woman - Oct 06, 2011
- Sandra Bullock tops Forbes' list of Highest-Paid Actresses - Aug 04, 2010
- Forbes list eludes as Indian models fight odds - Jul 08, 2011
- Gisele Bundchen is world's top earning model - May 07, 2011
- MJ named 'Top-Earning Dead Celeb' - Oct 26, 2010
- Longoria, Fey named highest paid TV actresses - Sep 29, 2011
- Forbes names Will Ferrell 'Most Overpaid Star' again - Nov 06, 2010
- Shrek to return yet again? - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: amy adams, angelina jolie, cameron diaz, eddie murphy, endorsement deals, family comedy, forbes list, friends star, gwyneth paltrow, jennifer aniston, jodi picoult, keira knightley, male actors, meryl streep, pirates of the caribbean, pirates of the caribbean at world s end, reese witherspoon, sarah jessica parker, smartwater, star jennifer aniston