California hospital where Octomom gave birth faces $250K fine for file leakMay 16th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 16 (ANI): The southern California hospital that played host to Nadya Suleman while she delivered her eight babies earlier this year has been slapped with a 250,000-dollar fine for failing to keep her medical records away from nosy employees.
Kaiser Permanente sacked 15 workers and disciplined eight more in March for prying into the file of the mother of octuplets.
The hospital in Bellflower was said to have self-reported the violations to the state and landed the fine.
“Californians should never have to worry that their private medical information will be improperly shared,” the New York Daily News quoted Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as saying.
“This fine should be a reminder that there are consequences for violations of medical privacy,” he added.
Nadya, the 33-year-old single, unemployed mum, had come under fire for delivering the eight babies, through in-vitro fertilization, after already having 6 previous kids, ages 2 to 7. (ANI)
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom could be homeless - Feb 19, 2009
- Octuplets mum says shes not trying to ape Angelina Jolie - Feb 12, 2009
- Octuplets'' granny makes peace with daughter - Feb 17, 2009
- Octomom Nadya Suleman 'had 12 embryos implanted' - Oct 19, 2010
- Octomom doctor faces possible license revocation for gross negligence - Jul 14, 2010
- Octuplets'' granny says her daughter was obsessed with having kids - Feb 01, 2009
- Baby Addict "Octomom" Seeks Financial Solution In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 17, 2011
- Fertility doc says Octomom agreed to be "human guinea pig" in study - Nov 20, 2010
- Mother of 14 courts controversy, cash - Feb 05, 2009
- The Super-mom - Nadya Suleman - Mar 03, 2009
- Octomom faces lawsuit for exploiting her kids - May 05, 2009
- Octomom inks $250k deal for kids to star reality in TV show - Jul 25, 2009
- Parents of octuplets in China face hefty fines - Dec 21, 2011
- US octuplet mum already had six children - Jan 31, 2009
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, babies, californians, consequences, governor arnold schwarzenegger, kaiser permanente, kids ages, medical information, medical privacy, medical records, new york daily news, reminder, southern california hospital, suleman, vitro fertilization, york daily news