Cadbury dubbed choc-a-blockheads for stating the blindingly obviousJanuary 12th, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 12 (ANI): World’’s largest confectionery manufacturer Cadbury has been dubbed choc-a-blockheads for stating the blindingly obvious that their Dairy Milk chocolate contains milk.
Wrappers on the Dairy Milk bars are printed with warnings saying: CONTAINS: MILK. despite a logo depicting a glass-and-a-half of milk.
The cover also stated there is the equivalent of three-quarters of a pint of fresh milk in every half-pound of milk chocolate, reports the Daily Star.
Similarly, Wrappers on their Dairy Milk Whole Nut bars also said: CONTAINS: NUTS, MILK.
While the renowned firm said that the warnings are in case people allergic to milk did not realise there is milk in their Dairy Milk bars, Moira Austin, of allergy advisers the Anaphylaxis Campaign, said that stating extra caution was unnecessary.
Austin said: The law requires manufacturers to list allergens if they are an ingredient. It does not require these additional warnings. (ANI)
- Cadbury's ditches slogan from Dairy Milk wrappers - Sep 28, 2010
- Cadbury's drop iconic 'glass and a half' slogan - Sep 28, 2010
- Global warming could make chocolates expensive - Dec 27, 2011
- Now, hi-tech packaging to prevent chocolate bars from melting - Aug 18, 2010
- Diet of nuts 'makes you pile on the pounds' - Jan 04, 2011
- Cereal bars not so healthy after all - Aug 18, 2012
- Tick bite turns red meat into nasty allergy - Jul 25, 2012
- Nuts too can pile on the pounds - Jan 04, 2011
- Cadbury kin plans rival chocolate company - Jun 21, 2010
- Cadbury makes special festive chocolate for Queen - Dec 23, 2009
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- Kraft Foods CEO Irene Rosenfeld All Set To Visit Cadbury Factory - Oct 07, 2010
- Asses' milk - latest in weight reduction armoury - May 27, 2011
- Cadbury recalls chocolates amid fear of contamination from toxic Chinese milk - Sep 30, 2008
- How kissing can spread allergies too! - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: allergens, allergy, anaphylaxis campaign, blockheads, cadbury, caution, confectionery manufacturer, daily star, dairy milk chocolate, fresh milk, london, milk bars, moira, nut bars, pint, renowned firm, three quarters