Bush’s job approval rating as President higher than Obama’s: PollDecember 7th, 2010 - 6:46 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 7 (ANI): George W. Bush’s job approval rating as President has spiked to 47 percent, a point higher than that of Barack Obama, according to the latest Gallup poll.
According to Politico, the latest ratings are a stunning turnaround from his low point of 25 percent in November 2008.
The 47 percent number is 13 points higher than the last Gallup poll taken before Bush left office in 2009, and the highest rating for him since before Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Bush’s recent tour while promoting his memoir “Decision Points,” and inauguration of his new library in Dallas seems to have generated mostly positive vibes among Americans, the report said.
His 47 percent approval rating also questions the White House’s decision to repeatedly attack him in the months before the Democrats’ historic losses in the midterm elections, it added.
The poll, which was conducted on November 19-21 with a random sample of 1,037 adults, also found that John F. Kennedy remains the most popular modern President, with 85 percent of those surveyed saying they approved of his job performance.
Ronald Reagan’s job approval was 74 percent, while Bill Clinton’s was 69 percent, up from 61 percent in 2006, the report added. (ANI)
- Obama's favourability finally gets boost following midterm election "shellacking": Poll - Nov 10, 2010
- Over five in ten Americans still view George W. Bush as unpopular: USA Today/Gallup Poll - Nov 11, 2010
- Obama's approval ratings 'remain steady' despite several setbacks: Poll - Dec 17, 2010
- Obama support slips; Hillary Clinton most popular - Sep 17, 2011
- Obama's second year approval ratings most partisan and polarized since 1955: Poll - Feb 05, 2011
- Nearly five in ten American voters want Obama to run for president again - Oct 27, 2010
- Obama's approval rating continues to dip as US nears midterm elections - Aug 07, 2010
- Half of Americans give Obama thumbs down - Nov 08, 2011
- At one-year mark, Obama gets 50 percent approval - Jan 19, 2010
- Obama's Midterm Approval Rating Remains Low Despite Reports - Nov 11, 2010
- Obama's job approval rating climbs to highest point in year to 53 percent - Jan 13, 2011
- Obama's approval rating levels out in the low 50s - Sep 30, 2009
- Obama approval rating drops in all states - Feb 24, 2011
- Obama's approval rating slips below 50 percent - Nov 21, 2009
- Americans give Obama mixed report card for his first year - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: barack obama, bill clinton, decision points, democrats, gallup poll, george w bush, hurricane katrina, inauguration, job approval rating, john f kennedy, losses, memoir, midterm elections, new library, positive vibes, random sample, ronald reagan, s poll, stunning turnaround, white house