Bush recants his statement about first lady’’s cookingDecember 21st, 2008 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, December 21 (ANI): U.S. President George W. Bush has recanted his recent comment that the one thing he was not looking forward to in retirement was first lady Laura Bushs cooking.
“She reminded me that I should probably amend it,” the Washington Times quoted him as saying during an interview.
“I”m only looking forward to a couple of the dishes which she’’s able to cook, and the rest of it I”ll probably — I guess I”ll go on a diet,” he added.
Offering a possible explanation during a brief telephone interview with the newspaper, the first lady jokingly said: “It’’s probably because he can”t even remember my cooking, nor can I.”
She underscored the fact that neither she nor her husband had had to cook for each other for 14 years.
Replying to whether the couple could get master the stove and oven again, she said: “I certainly hope so. You will be able to tell when you see us in six months if we are really thin, which I”m actually sort of looking forward to.”
During the interview, Bush addressed a wide range of issues about his eight years in office, the state of America’’s race relations, and the world that President-elect Obama would inherit on January 20. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin refers to Bush family as 'blue-bloods' - Nov 25, 2010
- Jolie honoured at Peace ceremony - Feb 15, 2012
- Bush purchases Dallas home for post-White House life - Dec 05, 2008
- Laura Bush found stay at White House 'stressful', felt relieved to be out - May 10, 2010
- Laura Bush Startlingly Asserts That Gay Marriage Is Permissible - May 13, 2010
- Miller ready to embrace 30 - May 17, 2011
- Veteran Radio Talk Show Host Dr. Laura Schlessinger To End Her Radio Show - Aug 18, 2010
- Justin Bieber confirmed as performer for MTV EMA - Nov 02, 2011
- No kids for now, says Kim Kardashian - Feb 16, 2012
- Bush to unveil his portrait in White House - May 19, 2012
- Jessica Alba to cook Christmas meal for 84 people - Dec 21, 2010
- Pregnant Mariah can't stop cooking - Jan 31, 2011
- Roberts named global ambassador for UN campaign - May 07, 2011
- Lee-Anne all geared up for Women's Indian Open golf - Nov 10, 2010
- Emma Watson plans to lead a normal life - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: diet, dishes, first lady, george w bush, january 20, lady laura, obama, president elect, president george w bush, race relations, retirement, six months, state of america, telephone interview, washington times