Bus crash kills 19 in South AfricaJune 25th, 2012 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, June 25 (IANS) At least 19 people were killed and more than 50 others injured Monday when a bus crashed from a bridge in South Africa, media reports said.
The accident took place in Meyerton in Gauteng province, Xinhua reported. All the people on the bus were adults. As many as 85 people were trapped inside the vehicle.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control of the vehicle, which hit the railing of the bridge, and then plummeted 10 metres to the ground, landing on its side.
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 19 dead in South Africa road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- 22 children killed in Switzerland bus accident (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Nearly 100 injured in South Africa train crash - Jan 15, 2011
- Three killed in South Africa - Aug 26, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- Bus accident kills 26 in Ecuador - Feb 20, 2012
- South Africa celebrates Youth Day - Jun 17, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- 22 killed in road accident in southern Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011
- 15 killed in Peru road accident - Mar 17, 2012
- Train crash in South Africa injures more than 850 - May 20, 2011
- 20 killed in Pakistan bus accident - Mar 27, 2012