Burrell trying to wriggle out of grilling at Di inquestMarch 3rd, 2008 - 2:43 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 3 (ANI): Princess Dianas former butler Paul Burrell is trying to dodge out of appearing in court after it became known that he had not told the whole truth at her inquest.
In the video tape, the former royal butler was candid about the fact that he deliberately misled the coroner, High Court judge Lord Justice Scott Baker, saying: I was very naughty.
According to British paper The Sun, Burrell admitted that he threw in red herrings and held back facts during his testimony.
He said at the time: When you swear an oath, you have to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I told the truth as far as I could but I didnt tell the whole truth. Perjury is not a nice thing to have to contemplate. I was very naughty and I made a couple of red herrings, and I couldnt help doing it. I know you shouldnt play with justice and I know its illegal and I realise how serious it is.
A source now reveals to the paper that Burrell has asked if he can give evidence via video-link for he is scared of being ripped apart by lawyers, and facing Lord Justice Baker.
He asked if he can instead give evidence via video-link. If he has it his way he wont turn up at all, the paper quoted the source, as saying.
Though Lord Justice baker cannot force Burrell, who has made the US his home, to return to the UK, he can give the video to the cops who can then arrest him for alleged perjury if he comes to Britain. (ANI)
- Dis former butler Burrell may face perjury probe - Mar 07, 2008
- Scotland Yard to probe Dis ex butler Paul Burrell over perjury - Apr 09, 2008
- Paul Burrell wont be investigated for perjury during Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
- Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell recalled to inquest over discrepancies - Feb 23, 2008
- Dis butler admits he didnt tell the whole truth at inquest - Feb 18, 2008
- Paul Burrells wifes outrage at his refusal to return to Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
- Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell escapes perjury probe - May 10, 2008
- Court allows surrogate mother to keep baby - Jan 22, 2011
- Dis former butler Paul Burrell could now face perjury inquiry - Apr 08, 2008
- South Africa found it inconvenient to grant visa: Dalai Lama (Lead) - Oct 07, 2011
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Rushdie show: Chronicle of a gag foretold - Jan 25, 2012
- Brit girl, 8, lied to mum about rape, fearing 'she wouldn't get any sweets' - May 14, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: cops, coroner, court judge, dodge, inquest, justice baker, lord justice, nice thing, nothing but the truth, paul burrell, perjury, princess dianas, red herrings, scott baker, testimony, to tell the truth, truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, video link, video tape, whole truth