Burger King launches ‘1160-calorie Meat Monster’ in JapanApril 13th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 13 (ANI): A burger that clocks in at a gut-busting 1160 calories is the newest creation by Burger King and has been launched in Japan.
‘Meat Monster’ is made up of two hamburgers, a chicken breast fillet, two slices of processed cheese, three rashers of bacon and all the trimmings served between two white buns, reports the Daily Mail.
It has more salt than four bags of crisps, and it would take two hours to jog the fat off.
The meal has only been released in Japan for the time being, and costs about 10 dollars.
The 1160 calories make up more than half the entire daily allowance for a woman, while the 2290mg sodium content is also far above the 1,600mg limit for adults.
Burger King launched the meal as part of its ‘Have It Your Way’ campaign to encourage people to make a la carte additions to their Whoppers.
Customers have the option to add in even more layers if they want to ‘personalise’ the meal further and make it even unhealthier. (ANI)
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Man orders whopper with 1000 slices of cheese - Jul 16, 2012
- Taste the 1,500-calorie 'latest food atrocity' burger to believe it! - Jun 23, 2010
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- KFC's 'Double Down' burger to be sold in New Zealand - May 10, 2011
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Now a blood-vessel-busting 5000-calorie burger available in UK - Jan 28, 2011
- Burger King's 'Pizza Burger' has a whooping 2500 calories - Aug 23, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- KFC 'Double Down' Makes America Fat, Cries Anti-Obesity Campaigners - May 21, 2010
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Now, a McDonald's burger named after Shane Warne! - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: additions, adults, all the trimmings, bacon, buns, burger king, calories, chicken breast fillet, clocks, crisps, daily allowance, daily mail, hamburgers, japan, london, monster, processed cheese, rashers, sodium content, whoppers