Bulgarian held in British woman beheading caseMay 14th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 14 (IANS) A Bulgarian man has been arrested in Spain’s Canary Islands in connection with the beheading of an elderly British woman, BBC reported.
Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket Friday and stabbed and then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.
An official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random. He reportedly attacked the woman without saying a word.
“Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason… entered the shop and then cut this woman’s neck and took the head in his hand outside,” local councillor Manuel Reveron was quoted as saying.
A security guard managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.
“I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman’s head,” a witness said.
- Man decapitates woman, runs off with head - May 15, 2011
- New York gunman kills one, injures 10; shot dead (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Violence was unprecedented, says Indian leader in Britain - Aug 11, 2011
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Man beheaded in crowded train compartment - Aug 28, 2012
- Man beheaded in crowded train compartment, one held (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
- British woman found guilty of stabbing MP Stephen Timms - Nov 02, 2010
- Five slain at Mexican hospital - Mar 03, 2012
- Dog survives after lead gets caught in lift - Jan 25, 2012
- Pakistani on way to funeral killed - Mar 02, 2012
- Dozen injured in Ibiza stabbing rampage - Feb 23, 2011
- Lottery win for a gentleman after he lets woman jump queue - Dec 14, 2010
- Justin Bieber injured - Jun 25, 2011
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012