Budget supermarket Aldi sells miracle cream at cut-price versionOctober 30th, 2010 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 30 (ANI): A new cream made from the world’s rarest apples is being sold at budget supermarket Aldi at a price that is 28 times cheaper than the designer versions.
The new ‘Renovage’ moisturiser costs just 6.99 pounds, which is cheaper than the 225 pounds face cream favoured by celebrities like Michelle Obama, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow and Helen Mirren.
The wrinkle-busting beauty lotion is made from an extract of the protected Uttwiler Spatlauber tree, which only grows in a remote area of Switzerland.
The stem cells from the fruit are said to stimulate human skin cells, stopping wrinkles forming and plumping up the skin.
But the cream is so rare the discount store has only secured enough supplies to sell it for two weeks.
“An apple a day keeps the wrinkles away. It is sure to be a best seller,” the Sun quoted an Aldi spokeswoman as saying.
The new range, which launches on November 14, includes 7.99 pounds day cream and night cream and a 6.99 pounds eye cream.
The key ingredient, PhytoCell, is claimed to even help restore hair growth. (ANI)
- Now, a cream made of snail slime that promises to banish wrinkles! - Mar 28, 2011
- Wrinkles reducing creams are 'waste of money' - Jan 17, 2011
- Skincare products okay to use during Ramadan - Aug 13, 2011
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
- Beckham uses Victoria's beauty products - Nov 13, 2010
- DiCaprio splurges $1,400 on beauty products - Nov 12, 2009
- Paltrow sells lemonade, cookies - Jul 08, 2011
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011
- Paltrow's family learns French for fun - Apr 06, 2012
- Now, botox bra for boobs - Nov 06, 2009
- Beauty cream with bee stings in great demand - Dec 29, 2011
- Over-50s increasingly going under the knife to stay 'toned, tanned and tinted' - Sep 17, 2010
- Drinking gallons of water does erase wrinkles - Sep 20, 2010
- Chris Martin charges own kids for performing - Jan 13, 2012
- For soft summer skin, cut out fizzy drinks, eat healthy - Apr 24, 2010
Tags: aldi, apple a day, area of switzerland, beauty lotion, best seller, eye cream, face cream, favoured, gwyneth paltrow, hair growth, helen mirren, human skin cells, jennifer lopez, michelle obama, miracle cream, november 14, oct 30, renovage, stem cells, wrinkles