BUAA Gymnasium opened for weightlifting trainingJuly 27th, 2008 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 27 (Xinhua) The Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA) Gymnasium, which will host the weightlifting events during Beijing Olympics was Sunday opened for training sessions. Li Yong, deputy chief of media of the BUAA, said the venue operation team was going through last details, including solving problems found during the “Good Luck Beijing” test events. For example, part of the roof that may leak has been repaired.
Desks for reporters and positions for photographers have been assigned and marked. “We will check all the equipment today, including ADSL, wireless network, and telephone lines. You can come to work here tomorrow,” Li said.
Li Dehang, head of the radio frequency management, is conducting the last exercise of removing radio interference sources with volunteers.
“My team can remove the interference source within the shortest time in Games time to ensure normal operation of all the electric facilities at the venue,” he said.
The Olympic weightlifting competitions will be held Aug 9-19. Strongmen and women will compete for a total of 15 gold medals. China’s first gold at Beijing Olympics will probably come from the weightlifting event.
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- Russia unhappy at not winning weightlifting gold - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympic lifting champion Liao Hui fails dope test, banned - Nov 18, 2011
- Kenya eyes seven golds at London Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Olympics: Back injury dashes Russian weightlifter's hopes - Aug 04, 2012
- China's Li lifts Olympic gold in 58 kg, breaks record - Jul 31, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- South Korea aims 10 gold medals at London Olympics - Apr 19, 2012
- Top divers to compete in World Cup and Olympic test - Feb 18, 2012
- Kemboi shifts base to Bristol to avoid public scrutiny - Jul 14, 2012
- China launches space drug laboratory - Apr 11, 2012
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Podobedova lifts Kazakhstan to gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Chinese weightlifters to put up a better show at home - Jul 17, 2008
- China's badminton coach plays down Olympic hopes - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: adsl wireless, aeronautics and astronautics, beijing olympics, beijing university, buaa, deputy chief, desks, gold medals, good luck beijing, gymnasium, interference sources, olympic weightlifting, olympics, radio frequency management, radio interference, solving problems, strongmen, telephone lines, test events, xinhua