Bruni sings to ‘kind Nicolas’… in the middle of the nightSeptember 17th, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 17 (IANS) The president of France is sometimes woken up in the middle of the night by his pop singer wife with her songs - and he doesn’t mind.Nicolas Sarkozy’s wife Carla Bruni, a celebrated former model turned singer-songwriter, said the president is “very kind” about her music.
“He’s involved with my music because I play it at home and I disturb him with it in the middle of the night,” she told a popular British television music programme, “Later… with Jools Holland”.
“He doesn’t drive me mad… It’s a very different world for him but he’s very kind and listens to all my doubts,” added Bruni, who appeared alongside rock acts Metallica and King of Leon.
Bruni told the BBC programme presenter Jools Holland, a well-known British rock pianist, that politicians “need music” but that she kept her music life apart from her role as the French first lady.
“I don’t really mix them up. I sort of separate them. I play my music and then I go with my husband when he needs me.”
“They have a very tough job, and we have a very lovely job. Our job is not even like a job, it’s a pleasure - I can feel it tonight. I think they need music to relax, to feel good. Everyone needs music, even them.”
“I have my husband’s world,” she said. “It’s like I just try to be with him and be cool about it and not change everything I know and my way of living.
“It’s not so hard. It’s just like playing in a film.”
Bruni, 40, sang ‘Tu Es Ma Came,’ for the programme, translating it as: “You’re my junk, you’re my type, you’re my cup of tea.”
It was about “being addicted to someone in a toxic way and in a lovely way”, she said.
The programme was shown live Tuesday but an extended version will be broadcast Friday.
- Happy Birthday Carla Aunty - Dec 06, 2010
- Carla Bruni performs live with Metallica on Later... with Jools Holland - Sep 17, 2008
- Sarkozy's biopic may upset his applecart ahead of elections - Aug 31, 2010
- Cocktail sari for Gaga - if only! - Oct 28, 2011
- Want to focus on films, says Lopez - Jul 21, 2012
- Madonna gets emotional - Mar 24, 2012
- Carla Bruni calms storm over marriage crisis rumours - Apr 08, 2010
- Sarkozy, Hollande square off in fierce TV debate - May 03, 2012
- Bruni wakes up Sarkozy in the middle of the night by playing her songs! - Sep 17, 2008
- Bruni's 'Absolute Beginners' 'worst cover version in pop music history' - Sep 25, 2010
- Paltrow puts off theatre ambitions for kids - May 10, 2011
- Iran calls Carla Bruni a 'prostitute' over campaign to save cheating woman - Aug 30, 2010
- Underwood likes variety in music - Apr 30, 2012
- Carla Bruni branded 'prostitute' in Iran - Aug 30, 2010
- Carla Bruni confirms pregnancy - Jul 16, 2011