Bruni confirms quickie marriage to SarkozyDecember 19th, 2008 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): Carla Bruni has admitted that she and French President Nicolas Sarkozy decided to marry just two days in advance.
Speaking in an hour-long interview for French TV, the First Lady of France also revealed that she even practiced her curtsy for Britain’’s Queen Elizabeth with British rock singer Marianne Faithfull.
In the program, tiled “Carla Bruni in complete freedom”, the former model was reunited with friends from the fashion world and music industry, including French fashion designers Christian Lacroix and Jean Paul Gaultier.
It was Gaultier who created the Hermes dress Bruni wore for her wedding in a small private ceremony in February, reports The Telegraph.
The Presidents wife claimed that the wedding was decided just two days in advance, leaving her barely enough time to find a dress.
And thus she bought the cream Hermes knee-length dress from one of the brand’’s stores in Paris. (ANI)
- Naomi Campbell praises French president - Oct 19, 2010
- Carla Bruni delays launch of her new album for hubby - Apr 02, 2011
- Carla Bruni named best dressed woman - Aug 04, 2011
- Carla Bruni confirms pregnancy - Jul 16, 2011
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- Carla Bruni wears glasses to cultivate 'a more serious image' - May 20, 2010
- Woody Allen wants Michelle Obama for movie - Oct 09, 2011
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- Carla Bruni turned into comic book heroine! - Nov 20, 2010
- Carla-Bruni- Sarkozy says Brit PM's wife has a 'maverick' style - Jun 28, 2010
- Carla Bruni says she has role in international politics - Apr 18, 2011
- Mussolini's granddaughter lashes out at Carla Bruni over immigrants - Apr 08, 2011
- Carla Bruni interacts with HIV patients at Delhi hospital (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Carla Bruni-Sarkozy expecting twins in autumn? - May 04, 2011
- Iran calls Carla Bruni a 'prostitute' over campaign to save cheating woman - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: carla bruni, christian lacroix, curtsy, fashion world, former model, french fashion designers, french president nicolas, french president nicolas sarkozy, french tv, jean paul gaultier, knee length, marianne faithfull, nicolas sarkozy, president nicolas sarkozy, private ceremony, queen elizabeth, quickie marriage, rock singer, singer marianne, stores in paris