Brooklyn model turns Facebook status into suicide note before taking own lifeFebruary 21st, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
New York, February 21 (ANI): An aspiring model in New York Citys Brooklyn borough turned his Facebook status into a suicide note before taking his own life.
Paul Zolezzi, 30, who was tormented by heroin addiction, hanged himself in Mount Prospect Park playground near the Brooklyn Museum early Friday.
A jogger found his body dangling from the monkey bars in the playground about 7a.m., police said.
Hours earlier, Zolezzi had written on his Facebook page that he was “born in San Francisco, became a shooting star over everywhere, and ended his life in Brooklyn. … And couldn”t have asked for more.”
His mother, Stephanie Zolezzi, revealed that he had been in a downward spiral since a broken engagement two years ago.
“I would say that people get so lonely, so delusional, that all they want to do is be remembered,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying from her home near San Francisco.
“He probably wanted to be remembered in a big way, to do it dramatically. That’’s what drugs will do to people,” she added.
She even revealed that her son was busted in San Francisco last fall for buying heroin and skipped town.
Zolezzi, who had come to Brooklyn just 10 days ago, crashed on the couch of friend Melissa Lopez, who said that she was disturbed by his “dark” behaviour.
“I think he was really sick. But I was in shock because you never think somebody is going to go that far,” Lopez, 33, said, explaining Zolezzi had been talking to himself.
Zolezzis mother revealed that she was worried about her sons mental state and drug use because her husband, a schizophrenic writer, threw himself off the Golden Gate Bridge in his 40s.
She said that she tried to make her son check into a Christian drug rehab centre, but he baulked.
Stephanie said that she had not seen her son since September.
According to her, she came to know that he was in New York only after being called by the police, who found her number in Zolezzis cell phone.
“I didn”t know what was going on in his life. All I knew is that he knew I was always trying to pray for him. He needed an adjustment to his ego. He couldn”t give up the fantasies about what he wanted his life to be,” Stephanie said.
Her son broadcast some of his disillusionment on Facebook in what the social-networking site refers to as “status updates” - short messages that can be seen by other users.
The late models page was apparently pulled down last night. (ANI)
- Jerry Hall opens up about 'womanizer' Mick Jagger in autobiography - Sep 26, 2010
- My family no longer speaks to me, says Bernie Madoff - Apr 10, 2011
- Kate destroyed all my stuff after split, says Doherty - Feb 17, 2012
- American Idol: Final Contestant - Feb 10, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez & husband may have split because of Scientology - Aug 15, 2011
- 'Bandit Queen' would have not been possible without Mala: Shekhar Kapur - May 24, 2011
- Bollywood actors trace decade-long journey - Oct 05, 2011
- Winfrey set to make broadway debut - May 11, 2011
- Tobacco battle helped Gwyneth Paltrow play alcoholic in new movie - Dec 21, 2010
- Andy Garcia skips watching daughters' stripping scenes - Mar 14, 2010
- Bride burnt as wedding car catches fire - Mar 07, 2011
- He called me 'Bharat Ratna': Lata remembers Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 26, 2011
- Roebuck ruined my life, says victim - Nov 17, 2011
- Schwarzenegger's son released from hospital - Jul 27, 2011
- Jessica Simpson engaged to Eric Johnson after dating for just 7 months - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: aspiring model, broken engagement, brooklyn borough, brooklyn museum, downward spiral, drug rehab centre, friend melissa, golden gate, golden gate bridge, heroin addiction, monkey bars, mount prospect, new york daily news, park playground, prospect park, shooting star, suicide note, york citys, york daily news, zolezzi