Brits will spend almost six months of their life queuing, says research.March 26th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.26 (ANI): Over a year, the average Brit queues up for more than 67 hours or almost three days, a report in The Telegraph says.
The poll of 3,000 Britons revealed the biggest amount of time spent queuing is to pay for the weekly shop, accounting for almost 53 minutes each month.
A further 33 minutes is spent waiting to pay for items such as clothes and DVDs in shops and we queue for 35 minutes every month to get a drink in a bar or pub.
Waiting in line at the bank or post office takes up 27 minutes each month, and even queuing at cash machines wastes almost 25 minutes.
Standing on a train platform or bus stop also see Britons queuing for almost 43 minutes a month, while waiting to speak to someone on a customer service desks takes up just over 17 minutes.
According to the paper, the average adult wastes a five hours and 35 minutes queuing each month, and standing in line at the supermarket taking up the biggest amount of time.
In total, Britons spend 169 hours during the average adult lifetime - the equivalent of five months, two weeks and five days.
A spokesman for online auction site madbid.com, which carried out the poll, said: ” To find out we spend six months of our life doing just that is quite shocking.” (ANI)
- Brit women spend 4yrs on phone, 9 yrs shopping - Aug 12, 2010
- It takes just 10 minutes for Brits to lose patience in a queue - Nov 05, 2010
- It takes twice as long to reach the front of a queue than it did 2yrs back - Aug 23, 2010
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
- Britons prefer spending more on TV than car - Dec 02, 2011
- 1 in 10 Brit couples only chat by email or text - Oct 06, 2010
- Britons 'can't stand in queue for more than 2 minutes' - Aug 04, 2010
- Britons 'spend more Internet time reading news than looking at porn' - May 20, 2010
- Brits spend over 14 hours a day sitting down - May 19, 2010
- Brits spend 7hrs a day on TV, Internet, mobile phones - Aug 19, 2010
- Smokers waste a year of their lives on breaks - Sep 29, 2010
- Why Brits spend a year of their lives just parking the car - Oct 25, 2010
- Britons spend 12 hours staring at electronic screens - May 26, 2011
- Britons spend 53 hours a year whining! - Nov 22, 2010
- Office workers spend 6 hours in a week surfing Internet - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: accounting, adult, amount of time, auction site, britons, clothes, customer service desks, dvds, five months, lifetime, london, poll, post office, queues, six months, spokesman, supermarket, telegraph, train platform, waiting in line