Brits plastic surgery bill set to break the billion pound barrierDecember 20th, 2007 - 11:36 am ICT by admin
London, Dec 20 (ANI): Britons are spending huge amounts of money on being nipped, tucked and pumped with Botox, says a report.
Market analysts Mintel predicts that the booming cosmetic surgery market is set to break the 1billion pounds mark next year with Botox, collagen wrinkle fillers and other non-invasive treatments seeing the biggest popularity increase.
This also includes laser hair removal, chemical peels and teeth whitening.
It turns out that this year a total of 577,000 cosmetic operations and treatments were carried out in Britain, of which 472,000 were non-surgical.
In comparison to this in 2005, 300,000 surgeries were carried out of which 230,000 were non-surgical, says Mintel’s Cosmetic Surgery report.
As for the reason for the popularity of the non-invasive treatments such as Botox and collagen fillers is - they are seen as less risky and require repeat top-ups.
Facial enhancements, such as facelifts, and breast surgery are the two most popular surgical procedures.
Today, the British perception of beauty is based on airbrushed images of models and photos of surgically enhanced celebrities, both young and old, The Sun quoted Mintel senior cosmetics analyst Alexandra Richmond, as saying.]
For many the natural look simply cant compete and leaves them feeling inadequate, she added. (ANI)
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father's Day) - Jun 15, 2012
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Non-invasive extenders better than surgery for men who want longer penis - Apr 19, 2011
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Cosmetic surgery cases surge in India - Oct 04, 2009
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- Now, look younger without going under the knife: Study - Aug 06, 2010
- 'I won't take the plastic surgery card': Lisa Vanderpump - Nov 10, 2010
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- Bruised Kim Kardashian quits botox - Sep 23, 2010
- 20-year-old spends 20,000 pounds on cosmetic surgeries - May 23, 2011
Tags: alexandra, botox, breast surgery, britons, collagen fillers, cosmetic operations, cosmetic surgery, facelifts, facial enhancements, invasive treatments, laser hair removal, market analysts, mintel, perception of beauty, plastic surgery, pound barrier, surgeries, surgical procedures, ups, wrinkle fillers