Brits love their cheese and pickle sandwich above allMay 12th, 2009 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 12 (ANI): A new survey has revealed that Britons’ most favourite snack is a cheese and pickle sandwich.
The poll, compiled by discount supermarket Aldi, revealed that the two were a traditional combo, and that the sandwich was most likely to be brought for lunch, instead of a BLT.
Sandwiches made of tuna mayo and cheese and tomato were found to be the next favourites, but exotic prawn and avocado and pastrami sandwiches were nowhere in the top 20.
“The classics are still popular,” the Mirror quoted a spokesman as saying. (ANI)
- Brits scoff 1,340 loaves each in a lifetime - May 12, 2010
- Eight dead in Britain after eating hospital sandwiches - Aug 22, 2012
- Brits rate Bacon sandwiches as their favorite tasty pleasure - Mar 15, 2011
- Now, carnivorous cocktails for meat lovers! - Oct 28, 2010
- Healthy Low Calorie Snacks for Weight Loss - Oct 16, 2010
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Celebrities' secrets to banishing cellulite revealed - Mar 29, 2011
- A nutritious lunchbox could promote optimal learning for school kids - Sep 06, 2010
- Now, a perfect sandwich for every mood - Jul 15, 2010
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Rachel Bilson Gives Fashion Advice - Oct 12, 2011
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Barack's platter: Will it be Obama malai tikka burger? - Oct 26, 2010
- Oh jolly, it's Tahitian coco prawns - Aug 12, 2011