Brits always ready to haggle for best holiday dealsJuly 5th, 2010 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 5 (ANI): When it comes to planning a holiday, Britons are always ready to haggle to get the best deal, revealed a study.
A survey by travel and entertainment company Travelzoo found that Brits are keen to haggle while on holiday but are less inclined than other Europeans to brag about bagging a bargain.
UK holidaymakers are also anxious to negotiate the best deal before travelling, with almost 80 per cent prepared to haggle with their travel supplier, reports the Scotsman.
However, only 41 per cent of Britons were prepared to discuss bargains they had found, compared with nearly 80 per cent of Germans, according to the poll of 2,000 Europeans.
The survey showed that 74 per cent of Britons are more likely to haggle to get a better holiday deal than they were two years ago.
In addition, 41 per cent admit overloading hand luggage to avoid charges for check-in bags. (ANI)
- Why holidaying Brits declare themselves 'pregnant' to French waiters - Oct 27, 2010
- Bagging poolside sun loungers annoys Brit holidaymakers most - May 24, 2010
- Britons top the European haggling league - Feb 06, 2009
- Brits 'likelier to eat fried tarantulas, sheeps' eyes' than other Europeans - Oct 11, 2010
- Aussies are World's Best Lovers - Dec 04, 2009
- New way of keeping up with the Joneses: If you are poor, flaunt it! - Nov 19, 2010
- British Airways becomes worst UK airline to lose luggage - Jun 04, 2010
- 18 mn Britons to avoid holidaying this summer - Jun 21, 2011
- 40pc of Brits prefer their mums' home cooking to anyone else's - Aug 31, 2010
- Indian travellers are spoilt for choice - May 26, 2011
- Over-50s travel more than younger sightseers - Feb 18, 2011
- Britons know more about celebs than neighbours - Jun 14, 2010
- 1 in 3 Britons has had public sex - Jul 19, 2010
- British tourist bags worth thrice their holiday cost - Aug 13, 2010
- Finnair bags the award for best customer satisfaction - Jun 25, 2011