Britons held for cramming 69 animals in one houseMarch 31st, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 31 (IANS) A British couple has been charged with animal cruelty after they crammed 56 large dogs and 13 other animals in a dirty four-room house.
Inspectors from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) said they were “swamped by a sea of dogs” in the house in Somerset, The Sun reported.
The dogs included huskies, German shepherds and rottweilers.
There were also three cats, six birds and four chinchillas.
James Hood, 40, and his wife Nicola, 31, have admitted animal cruelty charges at a hearing at the Taunton Magistrates’ Court. They have not been sentenced yet.
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- Brit woman caught on camera throwing cat in wheelie bin charged - Sep 21, 2010
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Pammie spreads Christmas cheer by visiting UK charities - Dec 31, 2010
- Briton suspected of cruelty to cat surrenders - Nov 12, 2011
- Over 300 dogs participate in Amritsar show - Dec 20, 2010
- Man kills four cats by smashing them on walls - Nov 26, 2011
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Cat survives 190-km ride on train's underside - Jun 14, 2012
- Walk the pet pooch or land up in jail! - Dec 05, 2009
- Woman fined $10,000 for animal cruelty - Apr 06, 2011
- Cat survives microwave, tumble dryer and freezer ordeal! - Jun 19, 2010
- Middle-aged UK woman caught on CCTV dumping cat in wheelie bin - Aug 24, 2010
- Cat found sliced in two - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: animal cruelty charges, birds, british couple, britons, cats, cruelty to animals, dogs, german shepherds, london march, magistrates court, prevention of cruelty to animals, rottweilers, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, somerset, sun