Briton slashes own throat live on internetDecember 2nd, 2011 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 2 (IANS) A 53-year-old Briton, on a business trip to India, killed himself by slashing his throat while his girlfriend in Britain saw the ghastly act live on the internet, a media report said Friday.
Adrian Rowland, the father of three children, worked for an engineering firm in Woodley, Berkshire, and was in India seeking business opportunities, The Sun reported.
His girlfriend Julie Zalinski, who works for the same firm, was talking to him on a video chat, when Rowland suddenly produced a knife and killed himself as she watched.
Julie dialled British emergency number 999, and local policemen contacted Indian authorities via the Foreign Office.
The report, however, did not mention where the man was staying in India.
The couple reportedly were having difficulties over their relationship.
“I heard they were having a discussion about their future together. He killed himself in front of her as she watched over the camera. It must have been the most horrendous thing imaginable. She could see he had cut his throat but could not do anything to stop him,” a friend said.
It is expected his body will be flown back to Britain and an inquest held in Berkshire.
- Pakistani-origin man charged with murdering Thai lover - May 31, 2012
- Sikh caught drinking over Skype, kills cousin in Britain - Apr 20, 2012
- She made 800 hoax calls to cops, now faces jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Woman jailed for burning fiance` to death - Jan 04, 2012
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- Wife lures men for sex to kill husband, jailed - Jul 31, 2012
- Unable to pay kids' fees, father jumps before train - Nov 11, 2011
- Rock music fan Robert McIndoe takes his own life because of his tinnitus - Nov 18, 2011
- Indian-origin mum killed autistic son fearing that UK social services would take him away - Nov 16, 2010
- Warren Buffett diagnosed with prostate cancer - Apr 18, 2012
- Kelly Rowland out of 'X Factor' - Oct 30, 2011
- Rowland wants to protect Knowles' baby - Apr 20, 2012
- Militants publicly slit man's throat in Pakistan - Apr 21, 2011
- Prince Andrew engulfed in new 'cash-for-favours' row - Mar 13, 2011
- Indian-origin woman kills son fearing separation - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: berkshire, briton, business opportunities, business trip, emergency number, engineering firm, foreign office, girlfriend julie, India, indian authorities, inquest, internet london, own throat, policemen, relationship, slashes, sun, video chat