Briton gets Apple’s first iPad2 after 33-hour waitMarch 26th, 2011 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 26 (IANS) A Briton in his 30s has become the country’s first man to buy an iPad 2, after waiting for 33 agonising hours.
A huge crowd of gadget and gaming fans had gathered for the new Apple iPad in a popular London store Friday.
Queues began at 10 a.m. Thursday at Apple’s Regent Street store, ahead of Friday’s 5 p.m. launch of the improved tablet computer.
Jewels Lewis, 32, was first in line, The Sun reported.
Lewis, who had been fourth in line for the iPhone 4 that was released in June 2010, said: “There’s no medal for fourth. This year I got the gold.”
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Apple's iPad named 'Gadget of the Year' - Oct 12, 2010
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- iPad encrusted with T-rex bone - Nov 02, 2011
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- Chinese retailers stop Apple iPad sales - Feb 18, 2012
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- iPad crowned gadget of the year - Oct 12, 2010
- Mobile phone doubling up as laptop could dethrone iPad - Apr 01, 2011
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Man shoots at iPad to test durability - Mar 20, 2012
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- iPad is a hot favorite of the Black Friday 2010 deals - Nov 22, 2010
- No frenzy crowds to buy BlackBerry tablet on launch - Apr 19, 2011