Briton faces jail after gifted gun on weddingJuly 16th, 2011 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 16 (IANS) A man is facing jail in Britain after he received a Kalashnikov assault rifle as a wedding gift from his wife.
John Wallace, 47, bought parts for the deactivated gun that was gifted to him by Angie, reported The Sun.
Though the weapon was legal to own, but he did not have the necessary permission for the extras like a barrel.
The High Court in Glasgow was informed that Wallace wanted to turn the rifle into an “ornamental feature”.
- Russia to stay loyal to Kalashnikov - Dec 22, 2011
- Russia to dispose of 4 million guns, including AK-47s - Mar 15, 2012
- Russian man buys wooden crates, finds AK-47s inside - Jan 13, 2012
- MI6 boss red-faced over daughter's Facebook pics - Nov 01, 2010
- AK rifles' sales soar - Jan 26, 2012
- Stun guns disguised as phones flood Britain - Feb 12, 2012
- Soon, a Kalashnikov rifle for sport - Jul 13, 2012
- Osama was shot dead when he tried to grab guns - May 06, 2011
- US car dealer offering free AK-47 with every purchase - Jul 20, 2009
- Mikhail Kalashnikov, father of the AK-47, turns 90 - Nov 11, 2009
- Gaddafi building civilian army with armed Libyan teenagers - Apr 28, 2011
- Taliban man stays in Britain, saying outfit will kill him - Jun 25, 2012
- Million volt stun guns smuggled into UK in disguise of Nokia phones - Aug 10, 2010
- Million volt stun gun smuggled into UK in disguise of phone - Aug 10, 2010
- Ukraine sold $1 bn worth of weapons in 2010 - Jul 19, 2011