Britney Spears grew up in violent householdJune 5th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 5 (IANS) Britney Spears, who grew to become a pop diva, had a tough and violent childhood, says her uncle.
Britney witnessed her father Jamie Spears regularly flying into drunken rages at their family home when she was a small child, femalefirst.co.uk quoted Willie Spears, who is her father’s brother, as saying.
Willie said the erratic behaviour of Jamie, who sought treatment for his problems with alcohol in 2004, became a “normal” part of his niece’s (Britney) childhood.
“One time Jamie was drunk and tried to drive off with Britney in the car. She was no more than five years old. I tried to stop him, so I reached into the truck to grab the keys from the ignition and he punched me. We got right into it there by the car, fighting in front of her,” said Willie.
- Spears sued for $10 mn - Jun 05, 2011
- Spears to take control of her estate again - Sep 16, 2010
- Spears' fiance to become her co-conservator - Apr 09, 2012
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter sings Britney's number - Aug 02, 2011
- Gaga takes Oprah to her childhood home - Mar 13, 2012
- Haven't spoken to Britney in 10 years: Timberlake - Jun 02, 2011
- Britney Spears under dad's constant vigilance - Oct 23, 2009
- Britney Spears sued over fragrance deal - Apr 01, 2011
- Confused Spears delays wedding ceremony - Jul 30, 2012
- Spears' fiance becomes her co-conservator - Apr 26, 2012
- Spears a fitness freak - Jan 03, 2012
- Lohan sued after car accident - Jun 12, 2012
- Spears cheers Roshon! - Mar 21, 2012
- Moss' father thinks Jamie Hince 'good influence' on her - Jun 13, 2011
- Spears lawyers to sue tabloid for defamation - Dec 02, 2010