British teacher used hidden camera to spy on female studentsApril 17th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 17 (IANS) A teacher in Britain has pleaded guilty to voyeurism as he had placed a camera in a bathroom air freshener to spy on female students as they took a shower, a court was told.
Paul Hwang, who has taught and studied at Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard, kept the camera in the house that he had rented out to the six women, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
He teaching at Birmingham’s University College when he installed the camera.
The device was discovered in October last year by a tenant when she noticed that an Air Wicks freshener appeared to be “swinging from side to side” from a gap in the wall.
She also noticed later that day that the freshener directed at the shower cubicle was missing.
Birmingham Crown Court was told that when the freshener re-appeared a few days later, the woman took it apart and she was “shocked and disgusted” to discover the digital camera connected to a battery inside.
Police arrested him and searched his bedroom where they found smoke alarms rigged with radio transmitters as well as two more spy cameras and cable equipment.
Judge Roderick Henderson handed Hwang a three-year community order and placed him on the sex offenders’ register.
“It is not surprising to hear that the victim of these offences was shocked and disgusted, and very frightened that images would be saved, might be passed on to other people or put on the internet.
“The most simple way to commit these offences is to creep up on people in the woods or look through their window, but these offences were a significant level above that as you were in a position of trust,” Judge Henderson was quoted as saying.
- Briton held for peeping into Chinese women swimmers changing room - Aug 15, 2012
- Doctor fired for being a Peeping Tom - Sep 20, 2011
- Peeping Tom claims gender issues made him peek into women's toilet cubicle - Aug 18, 2010
- Man blames Viagra, wife's menopause for filming women in changing room - Jan 11, 2011
- Brit man jailed for filming couple having sex then showing it to friends - Mar 01, 2011
- Three university students charged for voyeurism in UK court - Mar 09, 2011
- Kiwi man fined $1K for filming best friend's girlfriend in shower - Jan 29, 2011
- Kiwi man ordered to pay $1K to friend's girlfriend for filming her in shower - Jan 29, 2011
- Nursery sex mum sent daughter's nude pic to her internet paedophile gang - Dec 13, 2009
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Bus driver jailed for filming up skirts of schoolgirls - Jul 23, 2012
- Paula Abdul gets upset when 'X-Factor' contestant drops his pants - Sep 23, 2011
- UK teacher banned for 2-yrs for spraying Asian pupils with air freshener - Feb 17, 2011
- Hospital staff booked for filming women in toilet - Nov 10, 2010
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta - May 08, 2012
Tags: british teacher, cable equipment, crown court, daily mail, digital camera, female students, few days, gap, harvard, hwang, Images, judge henderson, london, oxford cambridge, s university, sex offenders, smoke alarms, spy cameras, voyeurism, wicks