British PM greets Muslims with Ramadan MubarakAugust 20th, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 20 (IANS) The “message of compassion and justice is strong in Islamic faith”, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said in his Ramadan greetings to Muslims, WAM news agency reported Thursday.
Ramadan, the month of fasting, begins Friday or Saturday subject to the appearance of new moon.
“Ramadan is a time for family and friends. A time when Muslims around the world focus more on others than themselves. As you come together everyday (during Ramadan) to break the fast, thoughts will be of faith, families and togetherness. It will also be a time for prayer, contemplation and reflection, a time to remember those who are less fortunate today,” said Brown in a message released by the British embassy here Thursday.
He said the the message of Islamic justice “is universal that unites all”.
“I take this opportunity to say: May your Ramadan be peaceful and blessed. Ramadan Mubarak to you all.”
Foreign Secretary David Miliband has also sent his wishes to the Muslim community around the world.
There are around two million Muslims in Britain.
- UAE families to get free dry fruits during Ramadan - Jul 01, 2010
- Obama sends out Eid-ul-Fitr greetings to Muslims - Sep 10, 2010
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- US envoy greets Muslims on Eid - Nov 16, 2010
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011
- UAE holds religious lectures on Ramadan - Aug 13, 2011
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- Muslims observes Ramadan with prayers at mosques - Aug 12, 2010
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- Prisoners in Ajman attend religious lectures - Aug 08, 2012
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
- 150,000 people have iftar at UAE mosque - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, british embassy, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, contemplation, david miliband, gordon brown, islamic faith, muslim community, muslims in britain, new moon, prime minister gordon brown, ramadan, ramadan greetings, ramadan mubarak, secretary david, togetherness, two million, wam news agency, world focus