British navy officer accused of leaking secretsMarch 10th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 10 (IANS) A 29-year-old officer of the Royal Navy has been charged with communicating information that could be useful to an enemy of the state, a media report said Saturday.
Petty Officer Edward Devenney, from Northern Ireland, appeared at the Westminster magistrates’ court Friday accused of breaching the Official Secrets Act, The Independent reported.
Devenney did not enter a plea to the charge. He was remanded in custody and would appear in court in June.
- British Royal Navy submariner charged with 'leaking secrets' - Mar 08, 2012
- Controversial guru Nityananda granted bail - Jun 15, 2012
- New Zealander charged with stealing millions - Jan 05, 2012
- GNLA chief sent to 14 days judicial custody - Aug 26, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to police custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Woman IAS officer sent to judicial custody - Nov 29, 2011
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
- Tainted godman Nityananda freed on bail (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police denied custody of Chaddha (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Third Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Sri Lanka releases 136 Indian fishermen - Feb 18, 2011
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to a day's judicial custody - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,