British-Indian shopkeeper banned from telling jokes!December 19th, 2008 - 2:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): A British-Indian shopkeeper has been told he faces prosecution unless he stops putting jokes on leaflets advertising his store over Christmas.
Police officers have warned Bob Singh, of Port Talbot, South Wales, that he could face prosecution for breaching public order if he did not stop.
Singh has been left baffled by the police intervention.
I thought they were joking, the Sun quoted Singh, as saying.
The world has gone crazy. They wouldnt tell me which jokes were offensive or who had complained about them, he added.
Some of Singh’’s jokes include: What is the technical name for three days of horrendous weather followed by bright sunshine? A Welsh Bank Holiday! What do you call a sheep with no legs? A Cloud! (ANI)
- Brit drug dealer to sue cops for revealing his identity to neighbours - Feb 15, 2011
- Gerry Wells face seen in the clouds - Feb 09, 2012
- Brit teacher fighting for career after accidentally showing porn to pupils - May 21, 2010
- Hasselhoff wishes to move to Wales - Dec 11, 2011
- Indian taxi drivers scared to drive in Australia - Jun 19, 2012
- Sheen wants to work on Burton biopic - May 29, 2012
- Chimpanzee asks people to free him at Wales Zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Brand in trouble? - Jul 26, 2012
- Welsh schoolboy, 13, shoots PE teacher in the face over hate of rugby - Nov 06, 2010
- Cops to look at Lara Bingle's driving records after demerit points joke - Mar 27, 2011
- UK council bans mother-in-law jokes for being 'offensively sexist' - Sep 26, 2010
- BNP election candidate arrested over Quran burning in Britain - Apr 10, 2011
- Brit traffic cop jailed for waiving women's traffic tickets in exchange for sex - Jun 16, 2010
- Omar Abdullah's security breached (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Julianne Moore is the new face of Talbots - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: bank holiday, bright sunshine, christmas, jokes, leaflets, legs, london, police intervention, police officers, port talbot, prosecution, saying the world, sheep, shopkeeper, south wales, sun, weather, welsh